Slideshow

  • Sprints to first ITU World Cup win in Australia

    I claimed my first ITU World Cup win with an electrifying sprint in Mooloolaba, just pipping reigning champion Brad Kahlefeldt and another Frenchman, David Hauss, on the line in the first major event of the 2012 season. ( March, 2012).

  • Winner in Geelong (AUS) for the ITU Continental Cup.

    After shadowing with Will Clarke (GBR) on the last lap, I managed to kick away with the finish line in sight. ( March, 2012).

  • WINNING the "DODDSY INTERNATIONAL",AGAIN!

    After 2011, I won again in Wanaka for the Contact Tri Serie in Wanaka over a strong Kiwi field. (january 2012)

  • 2011 FRENCH CHAMPION!

    After 2009, I won my 2nd national title. I am really pleased with my victory, it will give me the joy to lead into the Olympics as the French Champion! (September,2011).

  • MADE THE OLYMPIC SELECTION

    I answered the London call and secured my spot for the next Olympic Game by finishing 6th and 1st French in the Olympic Test event(August,2011).

mercredi 7 novembre 2012

End of racing season Wrap Up

Hello Everyone,

I am posting an update from New Zealand where I just had a month break after a wonderful season of racing with Andrea.
I will comeback to our 2012 season in another post.
I left France at the end of September to race the Yokahama World Triathlon Series.
Surprisingly, I crossed the finish line 4th despite a sinus infection which we caught during the travel with Andrea.
More Infos

I knew from that point that it was a sign sent from my body, the season started to be long and the post Olympic Game good shape was disappearing.
We just had one race to do and it was the Final of the World Champs in Auckland, a very special race for me as I live a long part of the year in Christchurch... 49% kiwi as my NZ friends always tell me.

I tried to train the best I could for this tough race but I was far from being able to recover for what needed to be done.
The mind was saying yes but my muscles weren't following.
I flew to Auckland ranked number 6th in the Series and the expectations were propably to enter the top 5.
Well, in fact no.
High performance sport is very demanding and that race was a perfect example of the key of good preparation.
A hard course on a weak Laurent. End of the story. Finished 31st but I still very much appreciated all the support out there.
More infos
I really wanted to perform better and to end the season on a high note but it wasn't possible.
Andrea did fantastic to grab another World Championship Medal.

So I am 8th in the 2012 World Championships and enjoying the off season with some friends in NZ before the big conditioning training block begins.

See you Soon, Laurent.


 
LVinEnglish © 2011 | by Laurent Vidal, in collaboration with blogger