Slideshow

  • Sprints to first ITU World Cup win in Australia

    I claimed my first ITU World Cup win with an electrifying sprint in Mooloolaba, just pipping reigning champion Brad Kahlefeldt and another Frenchman, David Hauss, on the line in the first major event of the 2012 season. ( March, 2012).

  • Winner in Geelong (AUS) for the ITU Continental Cup.

    After shadowing with Will Clarke (GBR) on the last lap, I managed to kick away with the finish line in sight. ( March, 2012).

  • WINNING the "DODDSY INTERNATIONAL",AGAIN!

    After 2011, I won again in Wanaka for the Contact Tri Serie in Wanaka over a strong Kiwi field. (january 2012)

  • 2011 FRENCH CHAMPION!

    After 2009, I won my 2nd national title. I am really pleased with my victory, it will give me the joy to lead into the Olympics as the French Champion! (September,2011).

  • MADE THE OLYMPIC SELECTION

    I answered the London call and secured my spot for the next Olympic Game by finishing 6th and 1st French in the Olympic Test event(August,2011).

samedi 27 août 2011

World Championship #6 in Lausanne

Hi everyone,

Last week end I took the 6th place in the sixth round of the World Championship Series in Lausanne.
The 75 athletes started at 12:51am under an unusual extreme heat ( 36degrees in the shade) for the 750m swim.
With the number nine on my shoulders I had a great start, I was a great position around the buoys but unfortunately I got hit with 200m to go and lost my googles. From then my orientering was a bit of a mess and I put myself in trouble by loosing precious time before the bike leg.

I jumped on my bike a few metres back from the lead group and I decided to chase really hard with a few other athletes including Brad Kahlefeld, Steffen Justus and James Elvery.
The four lap bike course had a steep 600m hill ( 10,5% gradient average) where I decided to make a move to catch the leaders. I attacked really hard and I quickly closed 8 seconds but I was still missing a few metres to catch the front. I was at completely maximum effort. It took me almost 4k to recover from that and I realise now that is was a bit silly trying to bridge a gap on my own against a group of 15 guys...
Luckly, after 3 laps of a hard chase, my group caught the leaders and I was again in the battle for a great 5km running fight.
Well, it didn't really worked as planned as I completely messed up in the second transition, starting the run well back in around 25th.
Despite a great come back during the entire run, I couldn't sprint on the last kilometre when Alister Brownlee took off for the bronze medal. Fast racing, I call it fast racing.
Once again I had a solid race and it was wonderful to be in Lausanne.
I had a great time by the " Lac Lément ", visiting the Internationnal Olympic Commitee Museum and disovering the little streets of the swiss town.
On the women side it was great to see Andrea getting bronze!!!

Full results.
Official photo gallery.
Photo: Courtesy of Delly Carr
 
LVinEnglish © 2011 | by Laurent Vidal, in collaboration with blogger