Slideshow

  • Sprints to first ITU World Cup win in Australia

    I claimed my first ITU World Cup win with an electrifying sprint in Mooloolaba, just pipping reigning champion Brad Kahlefeldt and another Frenchman, David Hauss, on the line in the first major event of the 2012 season. ( March, 2012).

  • Winner in Geelong (AUS) for the ITU Continental Cup.

    After shadowing with Will Clarke (GBR) on the last lap, I managed to kick away with the finish line in sight. ( March, 2012).

  • WINNING the "DODDSY INTERNATIONAL",AGAIN!

    After 2011, I won again in Wanaka for the Contact Tri Serie in Wanaka over a strong Kiwi field. (january 2012)

  • 2011 FRENCH CHAMPION!

    After 2009, I won my 2nd national title. I am really pleased with my victory, it will give me the joy to lead into the Olympics as the French Champion! (September,2011).

  • MADE THE OLYMPIC SELECTION

    I answered the London call and secured my spot for the next Olympic Game by finishing 6th and 1st French in the Olympic Test event(August,2011).

dimanche 13 juin 2010

Getting back on track in HyVee World Cup

So that's that: I finished 12th in my first HyVee Triathlon World Cup.
5 weeks ago I was looking for a much bigger result. Now though with the buildup I had, I am honestly happy with my performance.
My swim and bike went ok. I didn't feel like I had loads of energy but I had enough to put myself in a safe position during the narrow bike course, quietly waiting for the last 10k.
As I have been injured recently, I wasn't sure if I could count on my run. I mean , I know I was fit but when you are part of a race with the best athletes in the world you really need to be at 100%.
Finally and quite surprisingly after spending so much time treating my ankle I was right there, in the bunch running for silver behind Tim Don (UK), who was on fire today.
Ok, I blew up on the last lap (lost 35 sec) but at least I know I am back in descent form and when I will put in some bigger mileage, I will be able to finish the 10k.
Tomorow is the end of the US journey. It was a great week, I really enjoyed being in Des Moines, Iowa with our home stay Cindy.
That was a really cool experience.
I will be back in France tomorrow and I will race the National Championship next week-end as I am the defending champion.Cheers
Laurent
Ps: Andrea got 5th on the women's race.
Huge congratulation to Tim Don for his show and to Kris Gemmell (NZL) who took silver after a complicated beginning of the season, you peaked right bro!
 
LVinEnglish © 2011 | by Laurent Vidal, in collaboration with blogger