Slideshow

  • Sprints to first ITU World Cup win in Australia

    I claimed my first ITU World Cup win with an electrifying sprint in Mooloolaba, just pipping reigning champion Brad Kahlefeldt and another Frenchman, David Hauss, on the line in the first major event of the 2012 season. ( March, 2012).

  • Winner in Geelong (AUS) for the ITU Continental Cup.

    After shadowing with Will Clarke (GBR) on the last lap, I managed to kick away with the finish line in sight. ( March, 2012).

  • WINNING the "DODDSY INTERNATIONAL",AGAIN!

    After 2011, I won again in Wanaka for the Contact Tri Serie in Wanaka over a strong Kiwi field. (january 2012)

  • 2011 FRENCH CHAMPION!

    After 2009, I won my 2nd national title. I am really pleased with my victory, it will give me the joy to lead into the Olympics as the French Champion! (September,2011).

  • MADE THE OLYMPIC SELECTION

    I answered the London call and secured my spot for the next Olympic Game by finishing 6th and 1st French in the Olympic Test event(August,2011).

dimanche 11 avril 2010

8th in Sydney Series Opener


Hi everyone,

I started the World Championship Series with an 8th place finish.
It was a warm and nice day to race in Sydney beside the Opera house.
The course was technical and hilly which made the race pretty tough.
I exited out of the water up the front and rode safely on this fast course.
I putted myself into the lead of the main group in the 2nd tranistion about a minute after the leaders who broke away with 10k to go.
I had some great feelings on the first part of the run and I just sat waiting for my time.
Finally my time never came as I felt flat with 3k to go when Bevan Docherty ( The winner of the day) surged on the long hill of the course.
I kept the only pace I could go to secure a top 8 finish: Every point counts on the way to the World Championship title.
Even if I was looking for a little better result I am quite happy with my performance in a strong field as always in the WCS.
Now it's time to head back to New Zealand to start a new training block a bit different than the last 5 months to put some extra speed and drop some fatigue !

Full story of the race.
1 Bevan Docherty NZL 01:51:27
2 Alexander Brukhankov RUS 01:51:33
3 David Hauss FRA 01:51:34
4 Dmitry Polyansky RUS 01:51:40
5 Simon Whitfield CAN 01:51:42
6 Tony Moulai FRA 01:51:49
7 Greg Bennett AUS 01:51:53
8 Laurent Vidal FRA 01:51:54
9 Matt Chrabot USA 01:51:56
10 Hunter Kemper USA 01:52:07

It was great to be back on the circuit with all the guys.
Congratulation to all the frenchy with 3rd, 6th, 7th and 18th .
Happy for Andrea on Silver.
Cheers Laurent.
 
LVinEnglish © 2011 | by Laurent Vidal, in collaboration with blogger